Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Automultiscopic 3D, Auto-Multiscopic 3D and Auto-(N-View)-scopic 3D

For a while now, the term used to refer to "no-glasses" 3D has been the word autostereoscopic or auto-stereoscopic. Since stereo refers to only 2-views, the words automultiscopic and auto-n-view-scopic seem more appropriate now since we are usually dealing with 5 to 9 views, and the term is catching on in the industry.


Here's some webpages which use the new term "automultiscopic":


http://people.csail.mit.edu/wojciech/DispAntiAlias/index.html


http://graphics.ucsd.edu/~matthias/SupplementalMaterial/AntialiasingFor3DDisplays/

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I wonder if you can help me. Soon, 3D cell phones will be widely available. I am wondering as how one might go about creating 3D content for this type of technology. Are you aware of any existing software that allows users to create 3D graphics, for example, for autostereoscopic screens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3d Graphics are generally created using standard 3D programs such as 3ds Max or Maya.

    There are automultiscopic plugins available for these programs, which export image sequences which are then imported in automultiscopic software, for example: z.l.i.c.e.3d., found at:

    http://www.visumotion.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello B3n,

    As you can tell from my website, I've chosen the term Glassesless 3D. I've seen it come around on the web a few times and I'm interested in your point of view in regard to this term. Also, I've done my best to write a factual article on that page and would like to know your opinion on my text. I've done my best researching the topic but my own personal experience with 3d doesn't go any further than a stereoscopic photo camera my grandfather made ages ago :)

    ReplyDelete